Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Post 14: Write in response to what 2 of your colleagues have learned this term.

So Long, Farewell, 
Auf Wiedersehen to You

Well this is the last official blog for English 1101 and it is bittersweet. I cannot tell you how glad I am that it is over but, then again, I did enjoy the writing and the assignments. I was forced to stretch myself past what I thought I could achieve.

In my last post, I wrote about what I learned in this class. Now, I was asked to wrote about what two of my classmates wrote about what they learned.

First up, I truly enjoyed Luke Maloney-Grimes’s blog as it demonstrated that even though we are in an English writing class, you can learn more than just English. He stated that he learned how to be more organized by stating “That if you are organized, the average time taken to get your work done can be cut in half”. That's a huge savings. He also stated in his blog “I have learned to further develop my reading and writing skills in order to be a better communicator”.  If I dare read between the lines, he is stating that it is practice that makes you a better writer, or in this case, a better communicator.  

As I wrote in my blog, I can relate to what Tiffany Dunham wrote in her blog.  She said "Writing is something that I have grown to like so I hope that I can take the skills what I learned with MLA and how to correctly format a document in my future course."  This is what I feel as well. We will take what we learned in this course and apply it to almost every class we will take in the future. (God help us.)  This continues the theme that it is practice that will make us better at writing, better at whatever we do.

In summary, the bottom line is practice. We have been given the tools in our textbook which contains so much information, one class couldn't go through it all.  So like my title says, So Long....

I hope we will talk again.


1 comment:

  1. Defintely writing my final paper right now and I saw the title, Sound of Music very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete

Christopher Columbus - Hero or Villain? HIST 2111

  In my book, Christopher Columbus is no doubt a Hero.   Columbus is defiantly not a villain for the simple fact that a villain’s actions ar...