Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Post 13: What I learned in English 1101.



When I was taking my first college class, Math 1101, I kept thinking to my self that "I will never use this crap", not so with English class.  

We use English every single day of our lives so it is only natural that we should be as proficient as possible. I was so fearful that we were going to have to conjugate verbs and do drills on proper English rules and such. Thank goodness it wasn't like that at all.  It was "just about writing".  Proper writing is everything.   

One thing I got out of this class is practice.  I realized I haven't written an essay or letter or anything larger than an email or text in, dare I say, decades.  It actually felt good. I may even keep up my Blog.  Who knows.   

I will say that I learned a lot about MLA and its use in an academic writing.  I still need more practice but that is what I was talking about before.  Practice, practice, practice.
 
This class has helped prepared me what is coming in future classes, helped me realize what may be expected of me, and to continually stretch myself to do just a little better. 

Until we talk again.

1 comment:

  1. I may very well use this post in my future classes to stress how important practice is. I'm not sure why that isn't obvious to everyone, but it isn't. I'm pleased that you have learned that, and I trust you continue to write. You can.

    ReplyDelete

Christopher Columbus - Hero or Villain? HIST 2111

  In my book, Christopher Columbus is no doubt a Hero.   Columbus is defiantly not a villain for the simple fact that a villain’s actions ar...